Thursday 10 September 2009

Why not run 5km for Tree-Athlon 2009

I started running again on Sunday, 8 weeks after the birth of my son. I did a lot of run/walking which was a bit frustrating as I was quite fit before I became pregnant! :) It shall take a few months to get me back to the standard I was at but I do enjoy getting out in the fresh air and doing some exercise.

If I was fit enough I would have liked to have taken part in the Tree-Athlon 2009 which is a 5km run taking part in London (19 Sept), Leeds (27 Sept) and Manchester (4 Oct).

Tree-Athlon2009

The London race is raising money to:

Create more outdoor classrooms in schools around the capital so that children can learn about and enjoy their local environments.
Plant thousands more street trees at sites all over the capital for residents to enjoy.
Improve London's woodlands for people and wildlife alike.

Please take a look at the website and if you are interested in participating there are still spaces for all races.

Anna

No comments: