Wednesday 31 March 2010

3.5 Weeks to go......until the arrival of my baby!

With 3.5 weeks to go... I have got to get ready for the new baby! (The baby may arrive early but in our family all the children have arrived past their due date!)

I already have a 2.5 year old girl, so it doesnt seem quite as daunting as the first time around. However, I am currently:
  • having an extension being built on the back of the house which involves a new kitchen (old kitchen is currently being ripped out, so trying to cook with only one work surface now available is interesting!)
  • choosing a car that can fit two child seats, a dog and luggage...,
  • and looking after my daughter at the same time (who has just had chicken pox!), I definitely do not get any rest time!
It suddenly dawned on me I should start sorting out what to pack for the hospital (well I should be packed!) and thought I would share my list with you. I hope it helps other mums-to-be...

Hospital Bag for Baby
Scratch mitts, cardigans (x2), bodysuits (x4), sleepsuits (x4), hat, blanket (to swaddle), eco-friendly nappies/bio-degradeable sacks, cotton wool balls, small plastic tupperware container for water to wash baby (not very green, however, reusable), nappy cream, and newborn baby car seat (with new shoulder pads - as I have lost the original pads!).

Hospital Bag for Mum
Old t-shirt/shirt/nightdress, pyjamas/nightdress with front-opening for breastfeeding, dressing gown and slippers, nursing/support bras, disposable briefs, maternity towels, breast pads, essential toiletries, nipple cream, books/magazines, snacks (a must have for partner/husband!), bottled water, camera, and going home clothes.

Gifts
I would highly recommend that you do not take any additional clothes (to the above listed) for baby, as you will have close family that will visit with a new baby present in the right colour!

Remember, do not underestimate how generous your friends/family will be with new baby and new mum presents, as there is nothing as special as bringing a new baby into the world. I am very excited :)

If you have a family member or friend that is about to have a baby, please take a look at our baby gift boxes, as these are two presents in one! A Molliemoo keepsake box (for babies keepsakes) packed full of organic & eco-friendly baby/new mum gifts that will be cherished.

Cathy

No comments: