Wednesday 26 January 2011

The wonders of being identical twins

Being an identical twin is great but some strange things do happen please read the following true story:

Three years ago Cathy was 9 months pregnant with her daughter and I dreamt one night that she would start going into labour at 12.30am, then 7 days later she did exactly that started contractions at 12.30am.

What makes this more spooky is that 4 days before she gave birth she woke up at 12.30am to find she had a burst water pipe in her house!

Anyway, Cathy was in labour and the following happens:
  • She goes into hospital at 2am having 3 minute contractions
  • I find myself waking at 2am having a very strange dream. 
  • I am dreaming of trying to find Cathy in a very big hotel (I come from working in hotels so I assume this is why rather than a hospital) and I keep walking up and downstairs, going up and down escalators or going in and out of lifts.  However, they would never lead me to her (even though I could hear Cathy's voice) which I was finding so frustrating... and then I would find myself outside the hotel where an ambulance was standing realising Cathy was still in there.  
  • So I would go back into the hotel and have this same dream reoccurring again and again and again......until Cathy's husband called at 5.30am and told me she had gone in to hospital at 2am. It then all made sense.....very weird but I was obviously aware she was in pain and was trying to reach her.
Cathy and I did not believe that twins are telepathic but on this occasion maybe......

What is also very unique is that I gave birth to my first child, three years ago, which was a girl and then Cathy also had a baby girl five months later. We have both since had a second child which strangely have both been boys.....

We are so lucky to both have a girl and a boy, but what would the odds have been on us having the same and in the same order?

I hope you enjoyed reading our true story

Anna and Cathy
New Twins Gifts
New baby gifts

No comments: