Wednesday 19 January 2011

Should you use a mobile phone whilst pregnant?

Whilst I was pregnant with my children I used my mobile phone as normal and had it with me most of the time.

I was intrigued to read an article about a Danish researcher who had concluded that babies in the womb, exposed to a mobile phone signal were 40% more likely to have behaviour problems in childhood. However it did not take into account how the baby was brought up including the interaction between mum and baby.

It got me thinking about my own chidrens behaviour. Although they have their moments they are usually well behavioured and only really play up when they are trying to get my attention, which of course I try to ignore or the naughty step comes out.

I do think that these types of research give parents another excuse to explain their childrens bad behaviour rather than looking for the real reason. Most children only behave badly to get your attention, as long as you have a happy home with lots of playtime but also boundries then you are half way there.

Anna
New baby gifts
New mum gifts

No comments: