Monday 27 July 2009

Choosing a good Nursery...

I recently have been looking for a nursery for my daughter (now 21 months) and did not realise all the things that you need to think about when choosing one!

My twitter friends provided the following link which helped immensely.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/workandchildcare/nurserygood/


I have to say though, from my experience, you do have to check all the items listed but you do have to rely heavily on your instincts.

The first nursery I attended was clean, tidy and the staff were very friendly. They do daily activities and that morning that were painting with the children (well the children were painting themselves) and they were have such fun.. but it was all controlled, and when my daughter started playing with some of the toys, I just knew she would be happy there.

The second nursery was completely different. I walked in the door and it was chaos.. and all the children were being very noisy but not in a controlled fashion. All I wanted to do was leave.. and I wasnt a child!

Hope this helps any mums trying to find a nursery, as it is so important that it is right for you and your child.

Cathy

No comments: